34798Re: [S-R] Need help with translation

  • david1law@aol.com
    Dec 5, 2012
      Dear Bob:

      Are you able to post the page of the records? I have searched through the
      records before, and compiled a lot of information, but unfortunately, my old
      computer crashed. Moral to the story: back up all genealogical records.
      So I would be happy to be a second set of eyes to help decypher the writing.

      My great, great, great grandfather JAN HRONEC was born in ROZNAVA. For
      some reason, your surname POLLAK rings a bell but I cannot place my finger
      at the moment. My HRONEC clan had lived in villages of BRZOTIN and CUCMA
      among others. The surnames below are in my direct lineage

      Please also feel to write me directly at _David1Law@..._
      (mailto:David1Law@...) .

      Best regards,

      David

      Researching the village of ROZNAVA, BRZOTIN, and CUCMA in GEMER County //
      the villages of DOMANOVCE, HRISOVCE, KIS SZALOK, KALAVA, KOLONOCZ, KLUKNAVA,
      MLYNICA, RICHNAVA, SPISSKE VLACHY, STARY SMOKOVEC, SLATVINA, in SPIS
      County // the villages of DOLINA, OVCIE, SIROKE, AND VITAZ in SARIS County the
      following surnames: BALOGA (BALOG, BALOGH), BELAK, BUXAR (BUKSAR) CSUJ
      (CUJ), HAMRAK, HARBALY, HARENCSAR, HRONEC, HVIZDOS, JURASKO, KAFFAN, KISSEL,
      KOVALCIK, KREDATUS, ONDERCIN, RUSZBACZKY, TAKACS, TOMASOV, and variant
      spellings thereof.

      Also KUBIT, MOSKAL, ZAJDEL, WALASZCZYK, KOSIBA in BIALOBRZEGI, SUCHODOL,
      GLOWIENKA, and KROSNO, POLAND.

      In a message dated 12/5/2012 9:26:28 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      rjp4053@... writes:

      In reviewing records for Krasnohorske Podhradie, I came across what I
      believe may be my great-grandfather's second wife. The record is found at
      ROZNAVA,-KRASNOHORSKE PODHRADIE, Baptisms, conversions deaths 1744-1864. The
      record is on frame 354 of 670, on the right side of the page , the 8th
      line down, date is March 2.

      In the Parent's column above the name Vittek Maria, there is writing which
      looks like "aratya nem , a cross, and what appears to be udattik"
      I have tried Google Translate using Latin, Slovak and Hungarian with no
      luck.
      Can anyone decipher what is written? It would greatly be appreciated.

      Thank you

      Bob Pollak