34778Re: Help with birth location

  • t.salony
    Dec 4, 2012
      Brenda,

      We may need to look more closely at more recent records if we can't determine what town that is on his draft registration.
      I'm assuming the census records are in the same general area of W. PA? I can find a couple death references of different Theodore MIKLISHs...but what was the spelling and locations for the previous generations?

      TOM

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "bassfantastic" <breny@...> wrote:

      > This is my deceased husband's grandfather. There are no living relatives available to ask where exactly they came from but I have found some information on his WW1 Draft Registration.
      >
      > Please view this at my web page: http://www.breny.com/pics/ww1_1.jpg
      >
      > It looks like Nutsnois Zenplinski, Austria to me. On the 1910 US Census he is living with a lot of families that all say they are from Austria and they actually have Russian as the language they speak. The last name is currently Miklish, but I've seen lots of variations on that such as Micklish, Miklus, Micklos, Miklos. Peter was born in 1892 and the earliest I find him in the US is the 1910 Census with his parents and siblings.
      >
      > I'm trying to research this for my daughter.
      >
      > Any help is apprecated.
      >
      > Brenda

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic