      From: bassfantastic
      Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 3:29 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [S-R] Help with birth location

      This is my deceased husband's grandfather. There are no living relatives available to ask where exactly they came from but I have found some information on his WW1 Draft Registration.

      Please view this at my web page: http://www.breny.com/pics/ww1_1.jpg

      It looks like Nutsnois Zenplinski, Austria to me. On the 1910 US Census he is living with a lot of families that all say they are from Austria and they actually have Russian as the language they speak. The last name is currently Miklish, but I've seen lots of variations on that such as Micklish, Miklus, Micklos, Miklos. Peter was born in 1892 and the earliest I find him in the US is the 1910 Census with his parents and siblings.

      I'm trying to research this for my daughter.

      Any help is apprecated.

      Brenda