34737Re: Place of Birth on Ellis Island Manuscript MORAVKO

  • John
    Nov 30, 2012
      >>> So I'm coming to the conclusion that the place disappeared or absorbed and there is no surviving record of it. . . at the moment. I'll try and look up his wife, Maria in Joko which apparently is Nyitra RC . . . Place of Birth on Ellis Island Manuscript MORAVKO I'm getting Prietrž and Osuské, so I still can't pinpoint the location. . . I'm guessing that you are referring to Osuske, which is between Jablonica and Prietrz. <<<

      The 1910 map at http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/nyitra.jpg is devoid of the necessary detail, south of Szenicz in the yellow area. However, Korlatko is shown there. The current Podrobny Auto Atlas shows it as Cerova. Further south along the same road is Prievaly (current name).

      Thus area is very sparsely populated but the facts seem to fit.
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic