      From: helene cincebeaux <helenezx@...>
      Sender: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 21:40:44
      To: <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [S-R] What is poct. ml. on a Liptov marriage HUSKA-MISIK

      Helping a friend who has Huska and Misik roots in Orava and Liptov.

      iN 1898 Gustav Huska son of Jozef Huska and Evy Misik are noted as mestanov nem.lupcianskych - poct. ml. (Know this place is now Partizanska Lupca and it sounds like they were town residents)

      can anyone tell me what poct. mil. means

      What is odd is he is 28 and evangelical and the bride is 32 and Roman Catholic - her name is Eva Misik but she is the daughter of Adam Misik and Maria Zvada of Liptovska Ondrasova.

      The witnesses are interesting too - one seems to be a county offical and the other is an Adam Misik who was a vystupily straznik - (could this mean he is learning to be a guard?)

      Both have cv or maybe ev after their occupation - does this indicate evangelical or something else?

      thanks
      helene