34524Re: please hlep reading notes

  • CurtB
    Oct 11, 2012
      Milliemom,
      Read Michael Mojer's descriptive response, it describes the situation more accurately.

      Ownership there was not absolute or 'fee simple' as we experience it. Ownership was a shared set of rights often including nobility or other authority. Ownership rights were usually passsed in a family but not always to an elder son. He might marry and leave to live in a new home or home of the wife's family. Unmarried siblings, or even married ones would not be put out of a family home. No village wanted to live with homeless people they would have to care for.

      Curt B.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "milliemom4683" <milliemom4683@...> wrote:

      > Thank you! I learned something. I presume that home ownership usually went to the oldest son? Then the rest of the family lived in the home as long as the oldest son allowed?

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic