34510Re: Tkac-Kusnirik

  • genmom4
    Oct 10 5:48 PM
      Tkac/Takac/Takacs is a very common surname. Perhaps you are seeing an "alias" here to confirm the proper Tkac surname family.

      I have never been able to trace back my Takac line as there are so many in the church registry, and no parents names are given in marriage records to substantiate who belonged to whom.
      I have a huge spreadsheet listing all of the Takac relatives in the registry and I still cannot determine the correct family.
      Because of my own experience, I can only speculate the reason for Tkac finally showing up in your records.

      Hopefully, you'll find some more links.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "lkusneri" <lori-kusnerik@...> wrote:
      > Michael Kusnirik listed on marriage record in Illinois as Tkac(Kusnirik)
      > B:01/1866 (census) in Sarisska Czechoslovakia, death records show DOB 9/25/1864
      > D:29 Jan 1929 in Streator, La Salle, Illinois
      > Parents: Andrew Tkac on marriage record, Andrew Kusnirik elsewhere
      > Anna Kusnirik, Anna Petro on death record
      > Anna Kusnjerik on immigration 11/24/1894, widowed
      > Married to:Susan Simko
      > Birth Apr 1872 in Sarisska Czechoslovakia
      > Death 25 May 1938 in Streator, Illinois
      > Parents:Andreas Simko
      > Birth in Lucka, Austria, Hungary
      > Death 1873 in Lucka, Austria, Hungary
      > & Anna Marczinko
      > Name at end of record was Mihal Tkac-Kusnirik
      > Never seen the Tkac until this marriage record, not sure what to think.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic