34461Re: Ship Record

  • patskanovo
    Oct 5 7:34 AM
      Do you have his certificate of Arrival?

      Do you have his Declaration of Intention?

      Do you have his Petition for Naturalization?

      What record do you have?

      These records can span many years......sometimes the spelling of the
      name and information can change....I would think, but am just guessing
      he would have come under the name of Elic,Alec or even Sandor rather
      than Alexander?

      The name could be different on every document hindering one, even at the
      time from finding his record of arrival...

      Sandor was the Hungarian version and would most likely be the name on
      official documents.

      Dennis

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jtgen96" <jtgen96@...> wrote:

      > We need some help! We have been looking for a ship record for a
      relative since 2006 with no luck. We recently received a nationalization
      record that givse a date of arrival in New York, but still we have not
      find the record. The person was an educated man -- a Greek Catholic
      cantor from Slovakia -- so we believe that his memory should be
      reliable. Any ideas?

      > INFORMATION:
      > NAME: Alexander Kozub
      > BIRTH: 14 September 1860 in Hungary