      From: Julie Michutka <jmm@...>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, September 5, 2012 1:18 PM
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Help with marriage document

      Just so you know, you can use the URL for an image; FamilySearch's URLs are static. This one is https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-159391-476831-89?cc=1554443&wc=MMYV-564:975189788, and takes you right to the image.

      It looks like it says " orgn sponsi dimiss[??]  manat in Holic"

      "dimissus" in other entries seems to have a technical meaning, perhaps "released" or "discharged" or something like that. I suspect that "manat" should be "manet" (= stays, remains). I wonder if "orgn" is an abbreviation for "origine," but I'm not sure here.

      So... the groom (sponsi) is released or dismissed from some... obligation or rule? And he's remaining in Holic. (Note that he is from elsewhere.)

      That's as far as I got in a few minutes. If it were my family, I'd be scanning a bunch of other pages in this register to compare other entries with the same or similar notations. Hope someone else can take this one step further for you. Good luck with your research!

      Julie Michutka
      jmm@...