    Sep 3, 2012
      Franta,

      Just returned from a very SUPER time with friends from Slovakia and am catching up on the site.

      #1  The original manifest for Anna 27 and Maria 5, is loaded with errors, both Town
             and Last names.
      #2  There are 91 Phone listings for Plichta [Pleekh-tah] in the Phone directory and
            that does not include listings for fmales, Plichtova [Pleechtoh-vah].  Plicsta
            [Pleech-tah] is Hungarian spelling which is Slovak would be Pličta.
            http://telefonny.zoznam.sk/Plichta/Kosicka+Bela/
      #3   There have been instances where names are in German, probably because
             their were German settlements in the east of Slovakia.
      #4   I am confused now but did you write that Anna and Maria are the relatives?
             The original manifest notes Anna and Mary were going to be with George.
             Were they ,(for sure), deported?  There are 6 Anna Plichta's from Košicka
             Bela.
      #5   Sofiak and Zofiak can be variable of the name Sofia,[Soh-fee-ah]  Hungarian
             spelling Szofia  and Žofia [Zhohfee-ah] Hungarian Zsofiah.  As Ben
             mentioned there is a  Šofiak from Košicka Bela :
             http://telefonny.zoznam.sk/Sofiak/Kosicka+Bela/

      Analyze the info and let us know.  I will be glad to help.

      Z Bohom and have a Happy Labor Day,

      Vilo