      From: "frank.r.plichta@..." <frank.r.plichta@...>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, September 2, 2012 2:42 PM
      Subject: [S-R] Is the TOFIACK surname in Kosicka Bela misspelled???

      I need to find the surname TOFIACK in Kosicka Bela, SK.

      The passenger list for the ship S.S. LaSavoie sailing from Le Havre on March
      12, 1921 and arriving in the port of New York on March 22, 1921 there was a
      passenger named Anna PLICHTA, age 27, married, occupation housewife and her
      daughter Maria, age 5. The passenger list reports that she (Anna) left her
      mother Maria TOFIACK, behind in Kos. Bela (Kosicka Bela).

      I have searched the Slovak telephone directory and the web site:
      http://www.cisarik.com/0_Kosicka_Bela_Kosice_okolie_KI_AbaujTorna_AbovTurna.
      html#more_surnames which lists the modern (2005) surnames found in the
      census. I cannot find the surname TOFIACK in Kosicka Bela.

      Kosicak Bela is reported to have only 962 inhabitants in 2005.

      I am not a native speaker of Slovak. I need to know if the surname is
      misspelled and if so, what would be a reasonable alternate spelling?

      Thank you for your assistance.

      Frank R. Plichta

      "Searching the world for PLICHTAs"

      Searchin for information about ANY Plichta, at ANY Place and at ANY time in
      history.