      From: htcstech <htcstech@...>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, July 4, 2012 1:45 AM
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Josif Stucka, Stuczka

      Vilo, Marchevka [Mahrrkhehv-kah] - From my readings, I'm pretty sure that
      this name is based on the German *Mähren* -> mährische for Moravian. So
      the name Marchevka and Marhefka are related in this way.
      I'm interested in this name as I think it is related to Morav (Slav)
      versions - eg Moravka - Moravko - Morafko - Marafko and so on.
      Do you think this is a possiblity?

      Peter M.