32866Re: [S-R] Research in Slovakia

  • Margo Smith
    May 9, 2012
      I have spent several weeks in Povazska Bystrica during the past 9 years.
      There was a Jewish Cemetery but I think it was demolished by the construction of the new highway a few years ago.  You can ask about that.
      The closest archive is in Bytca,  not far north of PB.  Good idea to have an appointment in advance.  It is located in the manor house.  Restaurant:  U Palatina  Ruins of a synagogue across the street.
      For lunch in PB, I recommend Leguan (lizard) restaurant.  Yummy!