      From: CurtB
      Sent: Monday, April 02, 2012 11:21 AM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [S-R] Re: Berdak, Pustaj

      John,
      Your Andrew Berdak appears to have arrived in Castle Garden, New York, on 12 Aug 1887 via Hamburg aboard the Polynesia. The manifest says age 22 so born about 1865. Record says he is of Hungarian Nationality. No more here; but the Hamburg shipping records which still exist, record his departure from Hamburg and say he is from Saros county Hungary and is travelling with Elizabeth and John Novotny from the same place.

      Curt B.