      From: JohnS <john@...>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, April 2, 2012 9:20 AM
      Subject: [S-R] Berdak, Pustaj

      I am ready to dig into my Dad's Mother's family, my paternal grandmother. Her father's name was Andrej Berdak (born 1865) and mother's name was Anna Pustaj (1875). Ellis Island seaches are fruitless so they must have arrived prior to it's opening. We know they were Slovak but have no idea of where in Slovakia. For some reason we assume the eastern region. They may have been Rusyn. Looking for either name on Slovak-Roots is also fruitless. We live(d) in Westmoreland County, PA.

      My question is does anyone on here have any knowledge of either of these names? If not a town then a region.

      Anything to get me started would be greatly appreciated.