32178Searching Chicago's 1940 Czech & Slovak Neighborhoods

  • khurbani
    Mar 8, 2012
      My paternal side came to America during the 1920's, but I have been
      unable to locate a residence in the 1930 census. So when the 1940 census
      is released next month, I will need to do a district-by-district search.
      To help organize this search, I created a map of the 1940 census
      enumeration districts of Chicago's lower-west side (which was
      predominantly Czech & Slovak). I am sharing it here for those who might
      also find it useful:
      hurbanis.com/projects/chicago-1940/
      <http://hurbanis.com/projects/chicago-1940/>
      Note: I understand this group is primarily about research in Slovakia,
      but I thought this might be helpful to people who are working backwards
      to find villages of origin.