      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Elaine
      Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2012 9:30 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Surname "Balashazi", Baptismal term "Hazi" in Jordan River?

      David,

      I appreciated reading your comments on the "i" "ii" endings on Latin records that became "yi" in Hungarian. In some of the Latin records I researched for my families in eastern Slovakia, I often came across an ending of "ij" (IJ)-- at least that's how I deciphered what looked like a "y" with a dot over each prong. Have you seen that variation?

      Elaine