      From: John
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 7:54 PM
      Subject: [S-R] Re: Grandparents

      >>> Grandfather: Jacob RENDOS Born: May 16, 1867 Died: Sept 12, 1932 Born in Plavnica. . . Grandmother: Theresa PARANA . . . Born March 5, 1867 Plavnica. . . . I was hoping to find maybe a marriage record for Jacob and Theresa. . . . Their son, Steve was born in 1890, so I figure 1888-89. <<<

      When searching for genealogical information, knowing the birth village is paramount because records are organized by village not nationally, so it is not possible to search on a national basis. IT IS ALSO NECESSARY TO KNOW THE RELIGION. To locate church records for Slovakia, knowing the village/town name, go to the LDS web site: http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp The church records cover baptisms (krsteni), marriages (sobeseni) and deaths (zomreli).

      Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages, deaths, and confirmations for the parish of Plavnica (Stará L'ubovňa), Slovakia; formerly Plavnicza, Sáros, Hungary.

      >>>Are there any web sites that I might check out that would give me some info. <<<

      For the church records:
      https://www.familysearch.org/search/image/index#uri=https%3A//api.familysearch.org/records/collection/1554443/waypoints

      BASIC RESEARCH HELP
      For basic research help, be sure to visit Bill Tarkulich's excellent site at http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/