      From: Nancy Wrana
      Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 2:43 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [S-R] Grandparents

      Hello: My name is Nancy and I just joined this group a few weeks ago. I have been trying to find information on my maternal grandparents. I have been using LDS site and have a cousin who checked on Ancestry.com, but we can't seem to find much info from Slovakia.
      Grandfather: Jacob Rendos Born: May 16, 1867 Died: Sept 12, 1932 Born in Plavnica, Eastern Slovakia. Grandmother: Theresa Rendos Maiden name: Parana
      Born March 5, 1867 Died: November 30, 1950 Also born in Plavnica. Jacob came to this county in 1892. We cannot find any record on Ellis Island. Theresa came in 1897 with their oldest son, Steve. We have found her in the Ellis Island records.
      Jacob had a brother, Frank, who was married to Susie and they came over in 1890. Also, there might have been another brother: John and wife Mary, who came to the US in 1901 (John) and 1906 (Mary).
      I was hoping to find maybe a marriage record for Jacob and Theresa. Since they came from the same town I imagine they were married there. Their son, Steve was born in 1890, so I figure 1888-89.
      Are there any web sites that I might check out that would give me some info.
      Thanks: Nancy