31312RE: [S-R] Re: Trencin/Trencsen county

  • Bonnie Burke
    Jan 1, 2012
      I noticed below on the top line where you mention “also Kubin”. My grandfathers name was Kubin and I was told there was a village or place with the same name.

      I have been having a hard time locating his records. I know very little about his family since he died when my father was 14. He died 8/14/1931 at the age of 36 b. 1895), another record shows b. 1890.

      On my grandparents marriage certificate it shows him being from the village of Kishidveg/Pasika in Bereg County. He was Greek Catholic.

      I understand my father’s name was changed to Kobec when he started school around 1921.

      Any information on the village name or grandfather would be so helpful.

      Bonnie