31291Re: [S-R] New to group

  • david1law@aol.com
    Dec 30, 2011
      Dear Theresa:

      Welcome to the group! One critical piece of information that will help
      you immensely in your research, as well as be able to help others help you
      along the way, are the villages of origin for your ancestors. Do you know
      where your grandmother was born or lived in Czechoslovakia? If not, there
      are other resources, such as the Ellis Island database and/or other records in
      the U.S., that may also be able to help. Please feel free and do not
      hesitate to ask questions or ask for help in pointing you in the right
      direction, as we have all been in your shoes at one time or another, and please
      also feel free to share information, insights, etc. that you have learned
      along the way. We are all here to help each other. In addition, if you are
      have not already visited Bill Tarkulich's Slovakia & Environs Genealogical
      Research Strategies website at _www.iabsi.com_ (http://www.iabsi.com) , I
      highly recommend it as his database and links have been an immense help to me
      and have been a great springboard for my research.

      I also wish you and everyone else in our forum a Happy, Healthy,
      Prosperous, and Great New Year!

      Best regards,

      David

      In a message dated 12/30/2011 10:31:34 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      tms0159@... writes:

      Hi,
      I joined the group a few months ago. My name is Theresa. My maiden name is
      prokopovich. My grandmothers maiden name is halek. My grandmother was born
      in Czechoslovakia. I wish everyone a happy new year.

      Sent from my Kindle Fire