31081Re: [S-R] Re: Help w/ Village Name

  • david1law@aol.com
    Dec 2, 2011
      Dear John:

      What are the full names of the people being searched for in SMIZANY? I know
      someone whose ancestors are from SMIZANY. And some of my ancestors lived
      nearby in DOMANOVCE and SPISSKY HRHOV.

      I hope that everything is going well for you, my friend.

      Best regards,

      David

      Researching the village of ROZNAVA in GEMER County // the villages of
      DOMANOVCE, HRISOVCE, KIS SZALOK, KALAVA, KOLONOCZ, KLUKNAVA, MLYNICA, RICHNAVA,
      SPISSKE VLACHY, STARY SMOKOVEC, SLATVINA, in SPIS County // the villages of
      DOLINA, OVCIE, SIROKE, AND VITAZ in SARIS County the following surnames:
      BALOGA (BALOG, BALOGH), BELAK, BUXAR (BUKSAR) CSUJ (CUJ), HAMRAK, HARBALY,
      HARENCSAR, HRONEC, HVIZDOS, JURASKO, KAFFAN, KOVALCIK, KREDATUS, ONDERCIN,
      RUSZBACZKY, TAKACS, TOMASOV, and variant spellings thereof. Also KUBIT,
      MOSKAL, ZAJDEL, WALASZCZYK, KOSIBA in BIALOBRZEGI, SUCHODOL, GLOWIENKA, and
      KROSNO, POLAND.

      In a message dated 12/2/2011 12:07:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      johnqadam@... writes:

      >>> The marriage record dated 10/13/1897 and is from the Levoča > Spiš
      ský Štvrtok collection online. Here is the link:
      _https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1951-22652-15372-84?cc=1554443&wc=12760522_
      (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1951-22652-15372-84?cc=1554443&wc=12760522) <<<

      I would expect Stephanus to be found in Smizany birth records for 1872 BUT
      he's not there. See the records at:

      Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1910
      Roman Catholic
      Spišská Nová Ves
      Smižany
      Baptisms, confirmations, marriages, deaths (Krsty, birmovaní, manželstvá,
      úmrtia) 1743-1900
      Page 417/535