31080Re: Help w/ Village Name

  • tkejuice1208
    Dec 2, 2011
      Thanks for checking, John. I have been able to spend the bulk of the day so far combing through the Smizany collection and come up virtually empty handed. I indexed the various segments of the collection into record type / date ranges, and organized according to image numbers 1-535. The Smizany records only account for a small portion of this collection and gaps exist. The only Vilcsek I've been able to locate is on 172 of 535 (death record).

      I still have more to review, but the absence of the surname in the marriage records has me concerned. I also looked at the Spišská Nová Ves records for his birth record from 1870 - 1876 with negative results.

      I am perplexed!

      PS: Not a wine fan ;)

      > I would expect Stephanus to be found in Smizany birth records for 1872 BUT he's not there. See the records at:
      >
      > Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1910
      > Roman Catholic
      > Spišská Nová Ves
      > Smižany
      > Baptisms, confirmations, marriages, deaths (Krsty, birmovaní, manželstvá, úmrtia) 1743-1900
      > Page 417/535

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic