31074Help w/ Village Name

  • tkejuice1208
    Dec 2, 2011
      Hello all. I've spent the better part of a year attempting to figure out the name of this village without success. I first saw it scribbled on a shipping manifest for a relative arriving in the U.S. via Ellis Island. I have encountered it again in the marriage record of my GG Grandparents.

      The marriage record dated 10/13/1897 and is from the Levoča > Spišský Štvrtok collection online. Here is the link:

      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1951-22652-15372-84?cc=1554443&wc=12760522

      "Szepes-" is the first part which is obvious, but i cannot make out the second part. Is anyone able to assist?

      Thank you in advance!

      -Eric
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic