      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Nick Kerpchar
      Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 12:15 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Emigration to Uruguay

      Hi Bonnie,
      Thank you for sharing your experiences in Buenos Aires. You may have already thought of or tried
      this, but rather than wait for the priest to learn more English why not compose your e-mail and
      then run it through one of the free English-to-Spanish translation program on the web before
      sending it to him. Of course that means he may reply in Spanish, but all you would have to do
      is reverse the process. I have traveled to many foreign countries and found that the inhabitants
      appreciate it when an American makes an effort to speak their language; they are usually very
      forgiving of grammar and pronunciation and the gesture quite often results in an extra effort on
      their part to assist with ones request.
      Thank you again for sharing your experiences. Nick Kerpchar