30545Re: [S-R] Re: Hvosztaly-Petro Family Search Double Check

  • htcstech
    Sep 20, 2011
      Where found, every entry I've seen, illegitimate is clearly recorded.
      Obviously not in this case, and I can't think of a reason, certainly in
      1848, where a priest would not indicate it if it was so.
      For example, illegitimate is even recorded if the father died before the
      birth! The widow giving birth to an 'illegitimate' child out of wedlock!

      So Antonius carried his mother's name as well as his father's Badnar? Was he
      called Antonius Badnar (Pigza) or Antonius Pigza?

      Even if Gregorius Badnar died soon after, Antonius should still be called
      Badnar. However it is conceivable that Pigza was an important family, and
      she was the last of them and so Antonius carried on with the name.

      What a delicious problem!

      Well, if it was my family tree, I would:

      1. Find if Antonius had a brother/sister - Skip 10 months and look from then
      on.
      2. Trace the mother PIGZA to her birth if her parents were in the same book
      - maybe look to see if PIGZA was a noble name.
      3. Check for Gregorius Badnar's death record - look from the years between
      1848 and Antonius's marriage. If Gregorius died before Antonius was married
      AND Theresia did not remarry, OR* there were no male Pigza to carry the line
      *, then you can assume that Antonius carried the Pigza name!
      It could be the beginnings of a double barrelled surname. Pigza could have
      been a local hero or some other notable person. Whoever Pigza was, he was
      important.

      Please keep me informed.

      I've gone batty working out a weird doppelganger, one who had twins, the
      other seemingly had 2 wives both naming their respective children the same
      name within a week of each other. That means 4 children from 3 wives from 2
      fathers both named Martinus, all born within 7 days.

      I reckon you've got it easy!

      Peter