      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Milan Olle
      Sent: Sunday, September 04, 2011 3:52 AM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Surname Change 1910

      This is good stuff! Please keep the comments comming. It's all intresting. I just want to take the time to say thank you.

      Janet, thanks for giving me the heads up to the posibility that there may be more than one name change. Also, want to thank you for giving me help with my Olle family research about two years ago. I didn't get to far with it yet because I met a group of family members working on the Latta side of the family. My research so far has found some seemingly violent deaths in battles especially in the 1848 revolution.

      Micheal, researching the Latta side of my family with other Lattas as proof readers I often got my work back with people renamed with hyphonated names eg. Latta-Latta or Latta-Rak. When I asked why the only answer I got was village nick name. Thanks to your help. I now understand. I like your Zid story too.

      Ladislav, there always was the story of name change and wealth in my family. Even royalty! Researchers often told me that I might find Terek spelled Torok. Family insists that it was Potocky and I am finding some evidence to suport this theory in property ownerships and old Czechoslovak passports. I am kind of disappointed that a link to the Toroks hasn't been found yet. I have found at least 2 marriages to the Drugeth family in Noble literature. That would have explained why some of the painted portraits in Drugeth castle look like my family members today. Potocky. Is that really a common Slovak name? Could it have been Potocki and made Slovak. The earliest Census I remember seeing the name in the village is 1809. Not sure where they came from. Well Potocki or not am sure a cup of coffee will still cost me about $1.50 tomorrow.

      Like the Slovaks say: It's hard to work for bread.

      Milan