30436Re: [S-R] Hvosztaly-Petro Family Search Double Check

  • Judy
    Sep 2, 2011
      Re: kozr/kozv

      If you scan back through the film until the handwriting changes, sometimes you can get a different scribe's way of writing the word. Back on page 68 of your film, it looks like the word is written as "kozrenduek", again witout the marks above. Even with that though, I cannot tell you the meaning. Page 67 uses the original preprinted headers. In the 5th column I believe the header says something on the order of "regular civil status" and the word "kozrenduek" is listed most of the time under that heading. In 99% of the ones I've seen, the word used means "commoner, farmer, peasant" or something like that. Maybe someone more familiar with the Hungarian vocabulary has a translation for "kozrenduek",

      Judy