30116Re: Fw: [S-R] Searching for OBERLE family (Correction)

  • CurtB
    Jul 11, 2011
      J. Nielsen,
      What do you mean when you say that it "appears" that the family came from Alsace? Do you have some information you have not given us?
      While there is a famous Oberle family from Alsace, the name is common all over Germany as well, most with no known relation to the Alsatian family. Many Oberle's in the U.S. as well, descendant from original immigrants from Germany to Pennsylvania, the Pensy Dutch. While there were German immigrations to what is now Slovak territory from the 13th to the 18th century, they were not from Alsace in the 1700's.

      Curt B.