29901[S-R] Re: Family Search/Lost Records

  • patskanovo
    Jun 3, 2011
      The link to the old site John Q sent to me will not "Stick" in my
      favorites/bookmarks.

      The link keeps reverting to the new search site....?

      Dennis

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "patskanovo" <ddhalusker@...>
      wrote:

      > All week I have been in contact with support and they are pretty much
      telling me that my computer is the problem...ei:too many cookies?

      > If somebody their tells me to unplug my machine and wait 10
      minutes....

      > My computer IS NOT the problem,sorry....My Flash player and Adobe
      Viewer are up to date as is internet explorer.I do not use firefox and
      do not want to take any surveys.

      > (I have to keep in mind though that these people do some good work
      however even if they baptize my relations )

      > Anyway,thanks to John Q. I am able to view my village once again.
      >
      > I am considering downloading the entire village of Remeniny.
      >
      > Maybe as a group,we may have some pull! I would like to see some of
      1036 reels available for Bereg and Ung Counties.

      > Thanks again John,
      >
      > Dennis
      >
      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Charlotte Conjelko
      charr61pribish@ wrote:

      > > Now it's your turn! I have gone to the Family Search site
      (familysearch.org) and posted my frustration. Please let Family
      Search know you're feelings about the changes.

      > > Thanks,
      > > Charlotte

      frustrated about the change and can no longer find the Snakov church
      records of my maternal side.Â

      > > Feedback, here I come!
      > >

      > > Charlotte
      > >

      > > --- On Thu, 6/2/11, Peg's Gmail pegivanyo@ wrote:
      > >

      > > From: Peg's Gmail pegivanyo@
      > >
      > > Subject: Re: [S-R] Re: Family Search/Lost Records
      > >
      > > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      > >
      > > Date: Thursday, June 2, 2011, 1:09 PM
      > >

      > > One more thought on this. There is a handy little icon on the
      right side of the page in FamilySearch labeled "Feedback". We
      should be active in providing our concerns and input as they modify
      their methodology of access to the records.

      > > Peg
      > >

      > > On Jun 2, 2011, at 11:54 AM, stevemartonak wrote:
      > >

      > > > I am also getting frustrated. They used to have two links for the
      Presov region, one for Slovak placenames and one for Hungarian
      placenames. Then they added more files under a link to "Catholic
      Records" for files outside of the Presov region. Then they eliminated
      the Presov Region -> Slovak names link. Now they've eliminated the
      Hungarian names link and (apparently) have tried to put everything under
      the one link for "Catholic records". Lipany is no longer under "Presov"
      but is now under "Sabinov". Furthermore the Lipany link only takes you
      to one file instead of the six files that belong there.

      > > > Fortunately I still have (most of) my old bookmarks that take me
      to the files of interest to me without having to try to navigate their
      latest layout.

      > > > Steve
      > >

      > > > --
      > >

      > > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "patskanovo" <ddhalusker@>

      under "Slovakia Church Books" I only have one group of records that are
      very limited in years where as before,records were from 1844-1906 in at
      least 6 different groups.

      numerous times,yet continue to recieve automated responses...

      > > PLEASE STAY ON-TOPIC (GENEALOGY). OFF-TOPIC ITEMS WILL BE
      BLOCKED.

      http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS%c3%82 -or- send blank