29889Re: Family Search/Lost Records

  • stevemartonak
    Jun 2, 2011
      I am also getting frustrated. They used to have two links for the Presov region, one for Slovak placenames and one for Hungarian placenames. Then they added more files under a link to "Catholic Records" for files outside of the Presov region. Then they eliminated the Presov Region -> Slovak names link. Now they've eliminated the Hungarian names link and (apparently) have tried to put everything under the one link for "Catholic records". Lipany is no longer under "Presov" but is now under "Sabinov". Furthermore the Lipany link only takes you to one file instead of the six files that belong there.

      Fortunately I still have (most of) my old bookmarks that take me to the files of interest to me without having to try to navigate their latest layout.

      Steve

      > Recent changes to the Family Search Site have totally misplaced my village of Remeniny!
      >
      > Since they removed "Hungarian Place Names" and put them all under "Slovakia Church Books" I only have one group of records that are very limited in years where as before,records were from 1844-1906 in at least 6 different groups.
      >
      > I have contacted support via E-Mail,given all the information numerous times,yet continue to recieve automated responses...
      >
      > Is there anything else I can do?
      >
      > Dennis

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic