29716Re: [S-R] Given Name Waszyli in English

  • Elaine Summerhill
    May 6, 2011
      I had an uncle named Vasyl, which became Basil in the USA. My grandmother still
      pronounced it with a "V".

      Elaine Summerhill

      That said, I have an uncle named Vasyl, but changed his name to William.
      I also have cousins and many more acquaintances who changed their name to
      Charles.