29251Re: Where was Zahorchak buried?

  • John
    Mar 10, 2011
      Recently, John Beach photographed a Sleepy Hollow cemetery site and the photos were forwarded to Slovakia. It has been a long and bumpy road but very worthwhile.

      Thanks to everyone for their piece of the puzzle.

      John Adam

      ***************

      Hi John

      Thank you very much for your message. I am very pleased. I never thought to get to the bottom where my grandfather is buried. It's amazing and I am extremely grateful to all who contributed to this success. Once again, very, very nicely thank you.

      Milan
      Slovakia

      *********************

      > Dennis et al, after a few months we finally got the document from NY State and it tells us that John Zahorcak was buried in Sleepy Hollow Cemetery.
      >
      > Cause of death was cerebral hemorrhage and fractured skull.
      >

      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
      > >
      > > "There is probably no headstone marking the grave site."
      > >
      > > Medical Examiner Amos O. Squire/Grasslands Hospital
      > >
      > > The three nearest cemeteries are, Mt.Pleasant Cemetery,Gate of Heaven Cemetery,Kensico Cemetery.(These are located very near the hospital).
      > >
      > > Other area Cemeteries are:
      > >
      > > Cat Ridge Cemetery
      > > Dale Cemetery
      > > Ferncliff Cemetery
      > > Greenwood Union Cemetery
      > > Ivandale Cemetery
      > > Mount Hope Cemetery
      > > Oakwood Cemetery (Mount Kisco)
      > > Reynolds-Cross River Cemetery
      > > Sleepy Hollow Cemetery
      > > South Salem Cemetery
      > > Saint Mary Cemetery
      > >

      > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "John" <johnqadam@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > To date, we have been able to make some wonderful inroads into the life and times of John Zahorchak.
      > > >
      > > > We have established that John Zahorchak (Jan Zahorcak) was born 20 Sep 1905 and died 3 Mar 1942. The places mentioned in two newspaper articles concerning his untimely death are Eastview, Thornwood and Pleasantville, Westchester County, NY.
      > > >
      > > > Given those facts, can we establish where he is buried (without paying fees to agencies that make promises but may not deliver the goods)?
      > > >
      > > > There is probably no headstone marking the grave site.

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic