2925Re: New to the list

  • Frank Kurchina
    Jan 4, 2001
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, "Debbie Maxwell" <debmax@o...> wrote:
      > Hello All,
      > This is my first post to this list, so I thought I'd say Hello and
      post the surnames and villages I'm researching and if anyone is
      researching any of the same names or the same villages, please contact
      me and we can share information.

      > I am doing research in the following villages; Banske, Stakcin,
      Oroszruska or Ruske, and Osadne; all villages are located in Zemplen
      County, Slovakia.

      > Researching Surnames: RUSINKO, PETLAK, KAPRAL, HUSZARCSIK (HUSARCIK
      OR HUSARCHIK), CZORANITS, CHOMA, JURKO (YURKO ); UCHAL, NYEMCSIK
      (NEMCIK), LITVAN, KOCHAN, SZLABODUCH (SLABODUCH or SLABODA),
      KOSTELNIK, CEREMSAK; JURCO (YURCHO), MATYI (MATI), HUDAK, MITRO,
      MITRISIN, CSESZLOV

      > From Osadne - surnames Rusinko, possibly Petlak; From Stakcin -
      surname Kapral; From Oroszruska also known as Ruske - surnames
      Huszarcsik, Czoranits, Choma; I have done extensive research in
      Banske. From Banske - surnames Uchal (also spelled as Uchaly and
      Uchalik), Nyemcsik (also spelled Nemcik), Litvan, Kochan, Szlaboduch
      or Slaboduch (Americanized spelling Slaboda), Kostelnik, Ceremsak,
      Jurco (Americanized spelling Yurcho), Matyi or Mati, Hudak, Mitro,
      Mitrisin, Cseszlov. For Jurko (Americanized spelling Yurko) I have no
      village yet.

      > Debbie Rusinko Maxwell

      Don't know your surnames.

      The LDS-Mormons have filmed the parish church records for :

      Osadné (Telepóc)
      G.C. (1735-1944)

      Stakc^in (Takcsány)
      G.C. (1812-1896)

      Ruské (Ruszka) (Oroszruska)
      G.C. (1825-1879)

      Banské (Bányapataka)
      G.C. (1817-1943)

      Hungarian English
      rk.-RK. római katholikus Roman Catholic
      ag. AG. ágostai Evangelical (Lutheran)
      izr. IZR. izraelita Israelite (Jewish)

      Since the village church records were all görög katholikus,
      perhaps Rusinko and others were Carpatho-Rusyn surname bearers ?

      Frank Kurcina
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic