2922New to the list

  • Debbie Maxwell
    Jan 3, 2001
      Hello All,
      This is my first post to this list, so I thought I'd say Hello and post the surnames and villages I'm researching and if anyone is researching any of the same names or the same villages, please contact me and we can share information.

      I am doing research in the following villages; Banske, Stakcin, Oroszruska or Ruske, and Osadne; all villages are located in Zemplen County, Slovakia.

      Researching Surnames: RUSINKO, PETLAK, KAPRAL, HUSZARCSIK (HUSARCIK OR HUSARCHIK), CZORANITS, CHOMA, JURKO (YURKO ); UCHAL, NYEMCSIK (NEMCIK), LITVAN, KOCHAN, SZLABODUCH (SLABODUCH or SLABODA), KOSTELNIK, CEREMSAK; JURCO (YURCHO), MATYI (MATI), HUDAK, MITRO, MITRISIN, CSESZLOV

      From Osadne - surnames Rusinko, possibly Petlak; From Stakcin - surname Kapral; From Oroszruska also known as Ruske - surnames Huszarcsik, Czoranits, Choma; I have done extensive research in Banske. From Banske - surnames Uchal (also spelled as Uchaly and Uchalik), Nyemcsik (also spelled Nemcik), Litvan, Kochan, Szlaboduch or Slaboduch (Americanized spelling Slaboda), Kostelnik, Ceremsak, Jurco (Americanized spelling Yurcho), Matyi or Mati, Hudak, Mitro, Mitrisin, Cseszlov. For Jurko (Americanized spelling Yurko) I have no village yet.

      Debbie Rusinko Maxwell