      From: "Gina" <Gina.PhilsPhan@...>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, March 4, 2011 12:42:24 PM
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Goulick

      Have you tried searching for 'Kulick?' I live in eastern PA and, although I
      have heard the name Gulick, there are many 'Kulicks' in this area. I learned
      that when immigrants entered their port of arrival, many Americans who were
      registering them spelled their names the way the name sounded like it would
      be spelled to them. It may be a long-shot, but I think it may be worth your
      time to check it out. It can get frustrating.....My paternal family name is
      found under 'Drosdak', 'Drozdak', 'Drozdiak', 'Drozdziak'! But even after
      learning this, I STILL haven't been able to find my grandfather Metro's
      (Dimitry) ship and arrival information. I won't even go into my
      grandmother's maiden name (Warholak) and all the different spelling
      variations I've found for her name!!

      Good luck,
      Gina

      --

      The Animal Rescue Site needs your help in feeding previously abused animals
      who are now living their lives in a protective sanctuary or are awaiting

      --
      I see a light at the end of the tunnel....It's a train!  ;-O