      From: Elaine <epowell@...>
      To: "SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com" <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thu, February 3, 2011 2:57:57 PM
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Josef in Eastern Slovakia

      Bill, can you give some background on your comment about the name Josef not
      being indigenous to eastern Slovakia? Did you mean that particular spelling? I
      have found several Josephs in my Kolarcik line in Pol'anovce and Rozkovany going
      back to the early 1800s, and I have seen it in other families too. (Granted, it
      was not as common as Matthew, Michael or John!) Spelling in the revords I've
      seen varies depending on Latin vs Hungarian.

      Elaine

      Sent from my iPhone