      From: CherylM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 12:35 PM
      Subject: [S-R] Is Zborov in Bohemia?

      I was never interested in geography/history in school and am paying for it now. I have been searching for my great-grandparents immigration records and believe I might have found them. After many years, I put in the right combination surname spelling and came up with a close winner. Josef, Anna & son Josef Vojtech on the Kaiser Wilhem II arriving June 1, 1891. I say might because the few records I have for their son Josef states he was born in Oct 1891 and on this immigration record states he was 11 months when they arrived. Also the record states they came from Bohemia. This is the first time I've seen this place mentioned, all other records say Slovakia, Hungary. Josef (the son) his 1917 draft record, the only record I have to give a specific village states he was born in Zboro, Austria Hungary. Was Hungary also known as Bohemia? Could this be their record I have been search for for so long?