28652[S-R] Re: Illeg

  • CurtB
    Jan 10, 2011
      Elaine,
      While not with great frequency, this is found in many different church registers. It usually means that some man or woman has settled in, but not actually married. What we would call common law marriage. It does not seem to have upset the community, so neighbors and friends serve as baptismal sponsors.

      Curt B.