28651Re: [S-R] Re: Illeg

  • Elaine
    Jan 10, 2011
      I have been reviewing microfilms for the former Polyanocz, Korotnok and Harakoy. I came across a situation that is a different "take" on the situation of illegitimate children.

      In Korotnok (now Korytné), from 1855 through 1864, a woman named Maria Banyás lived in Korotnok No. 1. She bore six illegitimate children, with no father listed. (I have not ordered the 1869 census to discover a listing--yet!) She was listed as inquilinus.

      Each time, one of the godparents was a Jablonovszky (sometimes male, sometimes female) and almost always, the other was a Novak.

      Any speculation on these circumstances?

      Elaine

      Sent from my iPhone