      From: Deb <dremetta@...>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, January 10, 2011 9:40:46 AM
      Subject: [S-R] Re: Illeg

      So interesting...it's like you were reading my mind. I, too, have been going
      through the films online and have been very surprised at the number of
      illegitimate children born. Only rarely is the father noted.

      Was the family "shamed"??? Anyone know how these illeitimate births were
      viewed...seemed to be quite a few in the 1850-1890 timeframe where I've been
      focusing my search.

      Insights anyone?

      Deb