28642Re: Illeg

  • Deb
    Jan 10, 2011
      So interesting...it's like you were reading my mind. I, too, have been going through the films online and have been very surprised at the number of illegitimate children born. Only rarely is the father noted.

      Was the family "shamed"??? Anyone know how these illeitimate births were viewed...seemed to be quite a few in the 1850-1890 timeframe where I've been focusing my search.

      Insights anyone?

      Deb