28590Re: [S-R] SISAK OR SYSAK

  • Paul Sabol
    Jan 3, 2011
      There was a fairly significant number of Petruskas in Sosujfalu, now Ruska Nova Ves all throughout the 1800s and at least up until 1895.  Not sure how common of a name that is though.  Some were godparents to my ancestors.  I think a few settled in Mahanoy City, PA where my Sabol family ended up in the early 20th century.

      From: tom geiss <tomfgurka@...>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, January 3, 2011 2:19:17 PM
      Subject: Re: [S-R] SISAK OR SYSAK

      Marge,
      Just a little aside; My mother's doctor in the '30's was a doctor Syslak.
      Now, you say you have some Petruskas in your family?
      There is a Robert Petruska in youngstown , Ohio (He is head of the Sister Cities program there). His relatives are from somewhere Southeast of Spisska Nova Ves, I think?
      If you want I can give you his phone number.
      Tom