      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of EulisL
      Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2010 4:18 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [S-R] Looking for ancestral village-need help

      I am helping my daughter in law with her genealogy-her paternal grandmother
      is of Czech/Slovak descent. After much searching, I think she is
      Carpatho-Rusyn.Her father Mike Adamov,b.1892 in Austria-name of the town
      from his WW1 draft card. I cannot find the town or be sure of the
      spelling,other than the county was Zemplin.This is what I get for the name-
      Borotza-Bonotza, but no such place exists. Could this be Borocz or Borovce
      when pronounced with an accent? I have both parents' death certificates, but
      they only give names, not places other than Slovakland. I can't find more of
      the family without the name of the village. I am stuck. Family names
      involved are: Adamov, Drobnak, and Illasevich(death certificate)and
      Clasevics (birth certificate) for maiden name of mother. Thanks for any help
      Sue Eppley Landrith