28109Re: Looking for ancestral village-need help

  • John
    Nov 1, 2010
      >>> Mike Adamov,b.1892 in Austria-name of the town from his WW1 draft card. . . . the county was Zemplin.This is what I get for the name- Borotza-Bonotza, but no such place exists. . . . Family names involved are: Adamov, Drobnak, and Illasevich(death certificate)and Clasevics (birth certificate) for maiden name of mother. <<<

      Assuming that you have (at least) the first letter right, your Zemplen Megye (county) choices are Bacska, Bacsko, Banocz, Banszka, Barancs, Barko, Baskocz, Battyan, Bekecs, Bely, Benkocz, Bereczki (Also-), Bereczki (Felso-), Beretto, Berzek, Bisztra, Bodrog-Keresztur, Bodrog-Olaszi, Bodzas, Bodzas-Ujlak, Boly, Borro, Borsi, Bosnyicza, Brezovecz, Bruzsnyicza, Bukocz, Butka.

      My selection is Bereczki (as per 1828 Census list of villages). These villages (Also = Lower and Felso = Upper) now fall on the Hungarian side of the border, south of Satoraljaujhely.

      Good luck.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic