27350Re: Where was Zahorchak buried?

  • John
    Aug 16, 2010
      Dennis, my ongoing thanks for your efforts.

      Cousin Milan Kicka, Sobrance, now has a birthplace for his grandfather as a result of research by George Dolnack; the story of his untimely death from your good work; and now the likely disposition of the court case against his alleged killer.

      As well, at your suggestion, I have requested docs that will likely tell us the disposition of the body in 1942.

      While the facts of Zahorchak's life are quite sad, it is only now that his direct family in Slovakia is learning them. This makes our genealogical research worthwhile.

      John Adam

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:

      > Dear Mr. Halusker Sr.:
      >
      > Reference is made to your e-mail request for records, received at this
      > office on August 9, 2010, pursuant to the requirements of Article 6 of
      > the Public Officers Law (Freedom of Information).
      >
      > Please be advised that we are currently processing your request. You
      > will receive a written response to your request upon completion of our
      > review in approximately twenty (20) business days.
      >
      > Very truly yours,
      >

      > Captain Laurie M. Wagner
      > Records Access Officer
      > Central Records Bureau

      > > To date, we have been able to make some wonderful inroads into the
      > life and times of John Zahorchak.
      > >
      > > We have established that John Zahorchak (Jan Zahorcak) was born 20 Sep
      > 1905 and died 3 Mar 1942. The places mentioned in two newspaper articles
      > concerning his untimely death are Eastview, Thornwood and Pleasantville,
      > Westchester County, NY.
      > >
      > > Given those facts, can we establish where he is buried (without paying
      > fees to agencies that make promises but may not deliver the goods)?
      > >
      > > There is probably no headstone marking the grave site.

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic