27349Re: Where was Zahorchak buried?

  • haluska
    Aug 16, 2010
      Dear Mr. Halusker Sr.:

      Reference is made to your e-mail request for records, received at this
      office on August 9, 2010, pursuant to the requirements of Article 6 of
      the Public Officers Law (Freedom of Information).

      Please be advised that we are currently processing your request. You
      will receive a written response to your request upon completion of our
      review in approximately twenty (20) business days.

      Very truly yours,

      Captain Laurie M. Wagner
      Records Access Officer
      Central Records Bureau

      > To date, we have been able to make some wonderful inroads into the
      life and times of John Zahorchak.

      > We have established that John Zahorchak (Jan Zahorcak) was born 20 Sep
      1905 and died 3 Mar 1942. The places mentioned in two newspaper articles
      concerning his untimely death are Eastview, Thornwood and Pleasantville,
      Westchester County, NY.

      > Given those facts, can we establish where he is buried (without paying
      fees to agencies that make promises but may not deliver the goods)?

      > There is probably no headstone marking the grave site.

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic