27269RE: [S-R] Amalia Gurkova

  • tomfgurka
    Aug 7, 2010
      Thanks Mike, I agree, perhaps they no longer exist. No, I can't
      afford a genealogist.

      And my friend in Spisska Nova Ves contacted the two Gurka families
      there, with no success. Also I wrote letters to Pasztoreks in surrounding
      villages, in Slovak, and one of them had his daughter E-mail me.

      One more happy thought. When Ruzena Gurkova died later in Kosice, Anna,
      in Brezovica, and other older people there, drove all the way down there for
      her funeral. She must have been well loved.

      Anyway, I've had five years of fun, and learned a lot of history along
      the way.

      Who knows, maybe someday I'll receive a surprise in the mail.
      Tom

      _____