      From: John <johnqadam@...>
      Subject: [S-R] Re: my roots
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 2:42 PM

      >>> I am looking for info about Palko in either Stropkov,Slovakia or Patokrey or Patokryje, czech republic for Harvilla. joseph palko or anna harvilla. they came to America around 1905-1909. <<<

      When searching for genealogical information, knowing the birth village is paramount because records are organized by village. It is also necessary to know the RELIGION. The Palko name is common in Stropov -- according to Cisarik. However, the online church records end in 1897, after which they are kept in civic archives.

      BASIC RESEARCH HELP
      For basic research help, be sure to visit Bill Tarkulich’s excellent site at http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/

      FamilySearch Wiki has a Slovakia Portal page where you can learn how to find, use, and analyze Slovak records of genealogical value. https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Portal:Slovakia