27098Re: Where was Zahorchak buried?

  • haluska
    Jul 1, 2010
      Can you tell me if John Zahorchak is burried in your Cemetery?

      I have attached a news paper article with the information that I have taken from The Herald Statesman,Yonkers,NY Wednesday,March 4,1942.

      John was alone in this Country at the time of his death and it is presumed that he may been burried by the county of Westchester following an investigation into his death.

      Any help is appreciated!

      Kindest Regards,

      5 minutes ago......

      Dear Dennis,

      I have checked our records and sorry to say that John Zahorchak was not buried here in Kensico. You may want to check with Gate of Heaven cemetery located nearby us. Their phone number is 914-769-3672.

      Kind regards,

      Lillian Collado

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:

      > Also I e-mailed http://www.kensico.org/ It is the oldest/largest cemetery and very near the hospital/medical examiner's office
      > where the article refers to.
      >
      > I have recieved many records over the years just using this approach....
      >
      > All you have to do at times is ask....
      > Time will tell.
      >
      > Now, JohnQadams Hit the boards!

      > > I spoke with the desk Sgt.?(Thick NY Accent)whom seemed very interested.
      > > He took all the information I was able to give him and said he would call back if they can find the information or where it can be located.
      > >
      > > Total time maybe 10 minutes....let's see what happens. <<<
      > >
      > > That's phenomenal!!!!
      > >
      > > If we manage to acquire that information, it will "close the book" on a family mystery that dates back into the past century. The folks in Slovakia will be very grateful. Just to repeat, here's the relevant story.
      > >
      > > THE HERALD STATESMAN, YONKERS, N. Y., FRIDAY, MARCH 6, 1942
      > > GRAND JURY GETS JANITOR DEATH CASE
      > >
      > > WHITE PLAINS - Medical Examiner Amos O. Squire today held for the Grand Jury on a technical charge of homicide Robert Defeis, eighteen, of Franklin Avenue, Thornwood, in connection with the death of John Zahorchak, thirty-six-year-old janitor of Pleasantville Cottage School.
      > > Dr. Squire said Defeis told authorities that Zahorchak was acting disorderly in the Defeis store in Thornwood Sunday night and that he had ejected him from the place. He pushed the man out of the door and closed it, he said.
      > > Zahorchak died in Grasslands Hospital Tuesday of a fractured skull. He was found unconscious Monday in his room at the school by Michael Chincik, a fellow employee.
      > > Defeis said Zahorchak was annoying a young woman who was in the store and was ejected.

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic